3796 square feet, 5 bedroom 3 bath on a basement, or 2412’ 2 bedroom 2 bath on a frost wall This larger chalet is designed to be framed, then log sided, utilizing hybrid methods of large log character posts and beams, log railing, log stairs, etc. and our beautiful wood floors, along with lots of T&G wood on the inside. This basically is our log home less the log walls, but still the log look, for those that like log, but just have to have it framed. The cost of the package is relatively low, but the cost to build this home, including labor, will be slightly more than our log packages, all else equal. It sports lots of glass, it has huge bang-for-the-buck, is easy and fast to build. A great do it yourself home. A little money spent in the kitchen and baths, and they really are sharp. Huge equity in a big home with a small price. They seem a lot bigger, lots of glass, huge open floor plan with a 23’ ceiling, yes, 23’. Some people put wrap around decks, shed dormers (very popular) as shown, and even extend or shrink the home to fit the log or get the footage they need, or fit the budget. Let’s configure yours the way you want, and get one coming to you right now, take a peek and let us know what you need. Package with huge dormer and 9” log siding is about $85K.
Click Here to Find Out What Our Complete Packages Include
Our Packages Include (depending on the final plan and materials list customized by you)
* Starting at the concrete, we include everything you need to build this full log home - sill seal, treated lumber plate, double fir heavy rim joists, either dimensional or I joist main floor joist system, depending on size and plan, log or laminated beams throughout, (your choice), weatherproof subfloor, beautiful premium 1x8 T&G hard fir main flooring, double kiln dried (just sand and clear it), all 16’ long. 2x6 T&G SPF loft flooring too, over full log floor joists, so you look up at T&G and log joists from the main floor! This is custom hand selected premium flooring with no wane edges, and is the best floor money can buy for a log home, and since we buy hundreds of thousands of feet of it and use it on all our homes, we can sell it for less than $2. a foot, and include it in every package!
* We use massive character posts (big, natural trees) for our king posts in the basement and main floor, up to the roof. We include beautiful peeled and assembled railing for the balcony, stairs and deck. Deck post can be character logs, or accurate turned and then peeled posts, no charge.
* All windows are included. These are bid with full low E glass, dual pane insulated almond colored (can be other colors or types optionally) and from major manufacturers like JeldWen, Cascade, Alpine/Alside (depends on local delivery and warranty).
* All exterior doors are included, with insulated tempered glass, pre-hung, french or sliding double doors, and full or half glass pre-hung single doors (per plan). Options here include internal blinds, woods, iron, etc.
* Porch rafters in natural rough cut exposed beams, with T&G on top (instead of sheathing), resting on full log header beams. Main roof has lighter, strong I-joist wide flange, with typically an 117/8 x 2.5”, mid series for strength. This allows full R-40 when done in ceiling. Ridge log is big, with a hidden laminated beam above in the rafter area for triple the ridge strength for heavy snow loads. Standard. We now include the interior ceiling of the main roof area in T&G PPLP (ponderosa / lodgepole pine), the best looking wood we have seen (same as our exterior sofft).
* We include a special construction adhesive for between each row of logs. This not only strengthens the wall, but also prevents the cope or log from torquing in the wall. This also totally eliminates unsightly chinking and tightens the home. Did we mention we design your home totally free?
* Zinc coated heavy lag bolts for the logs, with USS flat washers along with special hardened torx head log screws for tight areas, stairs and starter logs. This helps make our walls the strongest log wall on the market.
* Log deck posts for the deck structure, outer double joists and trim band, joists for the deck, metal joist hangers, final select fir decking lumber, all 16’ long and beautiful. Everything you see in the pics, less concrete/roofing.
* Roof sheathing is included, as is 1x8” T&G soffit, and custom 1.5x14” sawn wood fascia and 1x4 shadow board, both rough cut to trim out the roofline. Add your own metal or 3d shingle, as we don’t purchase final roofing (too many personal colors and choices, and we can only save you money if you are in Canada (shipping and import savings), as Montana does not produce roofing.
* Window and door trim in custom 1.5x5.5” rough sawn, and all exterior trim is included. We also include colored metal flashing for the floor to log joint. We include all blocking needed.
The only thing that is not standard, and needed to finish the whole structure, (while sometimes we include if requested) is: interior trim boards & interior partition walls!! (interior bearing walls included) On a 2000’ home this adds around 1500 bucks. Our framing is all select, so you use each piece, not having to waste anything or look for good boards. Trim would be typically rough sawn face, with planed wood for sills, and could be routered or orbital sanded lightly to taste if needed, depending on final finish desired. Leave natural for rustic. We can include this if desired, most of our customers do. Remember, every bid is custom to your final plan and the home you have modified or left as is. The normal things we reduce in quantity or remove easily from our bids are windows, doors (sometimes family members sell their own products to you, etc.), and final flooring on the main floor (for tile or rock areas). Some customers have us add in basement rock and the hand-hewn timber siding (shown on some models), at about $2. per square foot of wall! Some have us do our full profile log siding (looks like our logs) for current garages or buildings to help match up existing structures to your new log home!